- 1. Description of Atlantis, the sunken continent
- 2. What one would be looking for ...
- 3. Ancient maps showing a vast continent that no longer exists
- 4. Terra Australis on the ocean floor
- 5. How did Atlantis sink?
- 6. The main obstacle - ice core dating
- 7. The lakes in the middle of the Sahara desert
- 8. The arbitrary discovery of islands in the Atlantic Ocean
- 9. Greenland ice free?
- 10. The Atlanteans and the Jews in Egypt
- 11. The Burka and the Original Sin?
- 12. The Garden of Eden in Egypt
- 13. Conclusion
- 14. References
- All Pages
2. What one would be looking for ...
As Plato appears to be the only source of information on Atlantis, many scholars doubt the authenticity of his reports, or in other words, Atlantis is nothing more than a myth. If, however, Plato’s account is based on a real continent that once existed, but sank below the ocean in a single day, there simply has to be other evidence suggesting its existence. What we would be looking for is evidence in the form of ancient maps, the first choice, and then also in ancient legends, archaeology and, with any luck, modern geography.